Friday, March 18, 2011

I live in San Antonio, Texas. At what age is my child required to start school? Can I wait until next year?


I live in San Antonio, Texas. At what age is my child required to start school? Can I wait until next year?
I have already enrolled my child but feel she isn't ready yet. Can I still withdraw her and wait til next year for her to start school. my child is currently five years old. Just turned five in July
San Antonio - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
See site below to read the Texas law regarding school attendance.


2
you failed to mention her age............


3
Welcome to Texas, one of the best states for homeschooling freedom in America! You can legally withdraw your child from school if you intend to home school her. Look into the Home School Legal Defense Association's website for information about home school requirements. All you have to do is send a letter to the school district stating you are withdrawing your child with the intent to home school her. The HSLDA website will give you wording for the letter and tips for dealing with ignorant school districts who, of course, foam at the mouth at the mere mention of homeschooling, since every child lost to the system cuts their funding!

Popular Posts