Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's the best location to move in at San Antonio Texas?


What's the best location to move in at San Antonio Texas?
I'd be moving into San Antonio and I have 2 little kids. I will be working dowtown, but want to rent in more of a suburban & family oriented setting. I need recommendation on places that have the best elementary public schools that have a reputation for high standards & test achievements, least crime & maximum safety, middle to up-scale neighborhood of educated professionals with access to great shopping, dining, medical, etc. I do not mind driving 10-15 miles to work. I can pay about 700 to 1100 dollars in renting a 2-bed apartment. I would prefer not to live in or about a predominantly hispanic neighborhood. Can someone point me to some great SA neighborhoods please. LOL.
Renting & Real Estate - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
ABSOLUTELY! I used to live there. I found the perfect neighborhood. It's called French Creek Villiage and it's located on the the Northwest side. It's located just off of Bandera Road about 3 miles inside of the 1604 loop. The houses are fairly inexpensive and they range in variety of shapes and sizes. Do a search on http://maps.yahoo.com for Heatherington or George Kyle street in San Antonio. The neighborhood offers a very nice community pool and Tennis courts. The neighbors are awesome and very friendly. The pool has an active swim team throughout the summer for children. They have picnics at the pool for the whole neighborhood. For Halloween, almost everyone in the neighborhood decorates with illuminaries and then for Christmas, they have a hayride with Santa and there are apple cider stations on every street corner. It's a great place to raise kids. It's close to great shopping including 4 Starbucks, Kmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, restaurants, groceries, etc. O'Conner High School in Helotes is one of the best schools in the country. You won't regret checking this place out. If you're looking for something on the North East side, check out Universal City or Live Oak. I would avoid living in the inner city and especially stay away from Columbia Heights area located South Central. As far as not living by Hispanics, it's going to be almost impossible in San Antonio. The Hispanic population of San Antonio is over 70%. But don't be alarmed. Hispanic culture is unlike that of just about any other minority, especially in San Antonio. Most of which in the suburbs are professionals and are excellent neighbors. I found a great opportunity to raise my children in a diverse environment that was enriched with culture and very safe. Besides, the food is AWESOME! LOL. Well, I hope this helps you. Good luck on your move!

Popular Posts