Monday, May 16, 2011

Which Law school should I attend, St Mary's in San Antonio or South Texas College of Law in Houston, and why?


Which Law school should I attend, St Mary's in San Antonio or South Texas College of Law in Houston, and why?
I have been accepted into both St. Mary's and South Texas but am having a tough time deciding between the two. If you have any information that will help me make my decision, it would be greatly appreciated. FYI - I have an undergrad degree from UT Austin.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
It depends. The schools are of relatively equal stature. If you would like to practice and live in San Antonio (or the surrounding area), then you should attend St. Mary's. If you would like to live in Houston, then you should attend South Texas. However, both schools carry very little weight outside of their respective markets. Nonetheless, moves to other markets can be done if one has outstanding grads. Not that it matters, but St. Mary's is much more UT friendly than South Texas. South Texas is almost the surrogate of Texas A&M.




Popular Posts